Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Decisions.. incisions.

It is only Tuesday and this week has already kicked my butt.

The past few days have left me feeling extremely low. Maybe it's my mind processing/dealing with all the changes soon to come. Maybe it's because I'm pms-ing (sure isn't helping!). But maybe, it's because it seems like all I do anymore is put all of my energy into putting out fires at work to keep the office running, to then come home to finish homework assignments for my college on-line courses till 11 o'clock at night. Barely having time to do anything else...and when I do have time I am so mentally exhausted, all I want to do is not think about or do *anything*. Oh, that and sleep. I love my bed so much. My brain just wants to shut down by Friday night. Even getting started on writing a post for this blog feels difficult. Ridiculous, I know.

"Wah. Wah. Wah. Quit yer bitchin." That's what I want to and should be saying to myself right now. Negativity gets you no where. Though sometimes that "boo-boo face" of self pity is inevitable. As long as it is short lived. That being said, I want to say sorry to my boyfriend for being a ':( ' last few days. You always stick by me and try to help even when I'm being butthead. I love you <3X

The main point of this blog was to talk about my p.s. dr appointment this Thursday. Though they said I didn't need to come back until my pre-op appointment, I decided I wanted to go back to discuss a little more in depth about implant type, size, shape, choice of incision location, etc. Doing a nipple sparing pbm can have great results from what I have seen, but I have read conflicting information on which location of the incision gives the best chance for tissue survival. As long as the shape/size of the implant has a good cosmetic result and my natural nipple/areola tissue survives the surgery, I don't really care about the size or placement of the scar. A scar is a symbol I will wear proudly. I know the risk of losing my nips is there no matter what. But if a choice of incision location can improve my chances of keeping them, I want to have that knowledge ahead of time.

Another reason I want to meet with him is to discuss how many cc's he will feel comfortable with in concern to my weekly or bi-weekly fills. I seem to read that most women doing 50- 80 cc's at a time, but I would rather push through the pain and do 100-120 cc's at a time to get done quicker. I also wonder if filling at a higher rate like that would be dangerous? I am trying to get all my surgeries done by December 31st so I don't have to pay another deductible for the second surgery. *Crosses fingers*

So, my appointment will hopefully answer questions and give me a little more peace about the surgery.

To end this on a positive-

1. Wicked is coming to Atlanta! Finally! :D It isn't until September and I will probably still be somewhat medicated and healing... but I am totally having someone take me!!

2. I found some really tasty gummi bear multi-vitamins yesterday. haha. I am a horrible pill taker.






 

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you, Shannon. Sounds like you're considering all the details--and there ARE no small details! If it's on your mind, it's important for some reason! You GO, girl!

    ReplyDelete