Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lists, Sushi & Theme Music.

Today I was thinking about how everyone should have their own theme music. My family calls me the human juke box because every day moments seem to always remind me of a song. Anyone having a bad day should totally sing and dance while they walk down their hall to the bedroom, cook their dinner, shower, anything! Just do it. You will instantly feel better. ;) I recommend taking songs and singing them 'blues style' instead.

Speaking of theme music. Doogie Howser had his own theme music for his 'end of show' blog he that he wrote each episode. Does anyone even remember that show?  He was pretty much the first well known "blogger". Of course, he was also fictional. Ha. :) While I type this, I will be humming that song in my head.

I have been trying to think of things I want to do to before for surgery. The fact that it is only a little over 2 months away makes me feel very unprepared. I have a horrible feeling that the big day is going to sneak up on me before I know it and I won't have anything ready. Working 40+ hours at my crazy job and taking 3 on-line college courses doesn't help that anxiety. Sigh. I cannot wait until June 8th when I will have a break from college classes for a few weeks and can just come home and begin cleaning up and preparing. Oh.... and just coming home to do absolutely *nothing*. :)X 

Anyway, here are some random thoughts of stuff I want to do,  want to have etc. in preparation of my surgery. In no random order....

1. Waxing of all the lady areas. Probably won't be able to shave for awhile and I don't know about you all, but hairy is kinda scary. Not to mention uncomfortable.

2. Facial. Who knew that pumpkin was not only great in the form of pie, but also amazing on your face as well! lol.

3. Make a list of about 25 movies/classic TV shows for Netflix to send me. Howl's Moving Castle will be on the top of that list. :)x That is one of  my and my boyfriend's favorites.

4. Go bowling. I love bowling. I don't go enough and after surgery I will not be able to go for awhile. Plus, on Monday nights it is dollar a game!

5. Buy a new pair of comfy slippers, extra body pillows for my bed for back support and a bunch of button up pajama sets. My mom is so good to me, she already bought me two cute sets.

6. Stop all caffeine intake and increase my fruit & veggie intake. I love my morning coffee, but I want to be as caffeine free as possible, not to mention hydrated and healthy. I also want to go get sushi as much as possible. Of course that has nothing to do with prepping for surgery, it's just because I love sushi and nigiri so freakin much.

7. Get my hair braided the night before surgery. I scheduled this with my wonderful hair stylest today. I am very 'hair'dy-capped" and never learned to braid. :/ I realized I am not going to be able to wash may hair for awhile and I know I won't be able to keep tying my hair back up. There is already nothing worse then trying to sleep and having to continuously retie your hair back up and out of your face. I figured a good tight braid would be beneficial to reduce the feeling of "oily" and also stay up a lot better than a regular ponytail.

8. Go see the final Harry Potter movie. :)

9. Get my game plan together for my job while I am gone. I will be taking 8 weeks off of work and as acting Office Manager in an already short-handed office in the midst of a hiring freeze, there is really no one to cover my position as this time. I want to put together a step by step plan of what needs to be done and when so that my Director can find appropriate coverage. I am very, very worried about leaving for this long of time and do not want to burden anyone else while I am out, nor do I want to come back to a disaster! This will be the hardest part for me I think. Letting go and only focusing on healing....not on work. The work will always be there.

10. Practice breathing exercises to strengthen my lungs and make more time to go walking/jogging. The more I think about being under anesthesia, the more nervous I get. I have been under before, but only for about 30 minutes. I keep reading that sometimes people have trouble breathing when they wake up after being under for more than an hour or two.

It's kind of a silly list...but it's all things I have thought about the last week. I am kind of crazy about having a list for things, even if I don't end up utilizing it. Something about just making the list calms my anxiety. I am going to look around at other blogs and see what other women did to prepare. The FORCE Breast Reconstruction Guide has a month, week, and night before check list. For anyone reading this planning on surgery, you can buy it at this link: http://www.breastrecon.com/id18.html I have a feeling that that section on planning/prep will be very beneficial as I get closer..

Now I can relax and finish off the night with a big glass of water and a good night's sleep......and maybe some popcorn. Yum. I have been coming home every night this week and working on homework until 11 o'clock and night. I'm pooped!

No comments:

Post a Comment